SAFETY & CONTROL POLICY FOR COVID-19 PANDEMIC 2022
1. What needs to been done at home every morning before school:
· Cloth children in a freshly washed set of clothes, and always send an extra pair of clothes with.
· Parents need to educate our children as far as possible on the subject of hygiene at home, without causing the child to feel anxious. Make them feel that we are in control. Kabouterland will continue with the educational process during the day. This has already become our new way of living.
2. Access Control (At the School/Day Care facility):
Parents and Guardians will not be allowed to enter the school without a prior appointment.
· Parents and staff will be able to have access to the school by a registered fingerprint.
· No one will be allowed without a protective face covering in the school.
· Upon entering please sanitize your hands.
· No screening will be done any more.
· No parents or guardians will be allowed in the classrooms.
· Exceptions will be made for birthday parties. Only parents and siblings will be allowed in the classrooms.
· Individuals that are visibly sick and /or not adhering to safety and preventative measures, will not be allowed on the day care/school premises.
· Children with a fever (37.5° and above), should not be allowed onto the premises, and parents should fetch the child as soon as possible.
· Once a child test positive for Covid-19 or has any other contagious disease, the school should be immediately informed, allowing the school to plan and inform other parents.
3. The wearing of Masks:
· The wearing of face masks outside the building is not compulsery any more.
· If parents and staff want to enter Kabouterland’s building they will have to wear a face mask.
4. Sleeping arrangements:
· Each child’s bedding (mattress covers, pillow case and blanket) will be sent home to be washed every second week on a Friday.
· They will sleep head to feet.
· Mattresses will be spaced out on the floor.
· Please remember to provide us with a clean marked set of bedding every second Monday. This is very important as there will be no other bedding available.
5. Food and lunch box:
· Every child older than 3 needs to bring their own lunch box.
6. The washing/cleaning of hands:
· Regularly and thorough cleaning of children and staff’s hands with disinfectant/ antiseptic soap and hot water, will be instituted, when:
o Arriving at school;
o Regularly during the day;
o Toilet facilities are being used;
o Before meals;
o After meals;
o After any outside activities;
o Hands should be washed after coughing/sneezing.
whatever you write on the heart of a child, no water can wash away